Immunization Education Module
Immunization Education Module
The exemption obtained from completing this module is only for students in PK-12. Exemptions for employees, students in universities/colleges, or other purposes need to be obtained from your employer or university. This is not for COVID exemptions.
Students claiming an exemption from the required vaccinations must have their legally responsible individual complete the online education module, or receive in-person consultation at a local health department, AND provide a copy of the completed form to the school. For a medical exemption from the required immunizations, the student’s legally responsible individual must provide to the school a completed Utah vaccination exemption form AND a written statement signed by a licensed healthcare provider stating that, due to the physical condition of the student/child, administration of the vaccine would endanger the child’s life or health.
For more information on exemptions visit the Utah State Legislature website .
Information about the module:
The link below will access the Online Immunization Education Module
- Once you have begun the module, you have 2 weeks to complete it and add exemptions and make any changes. Progress will be saved for the 3 days. You may access certificate at any time. If changes need to be made such as a different vaccine or adding another child, you will need to watch module again.
- The module should take approximately 15 minutes to complete.
- The module text can be displayed in English or Spanish.
- An optional “Autoplay Narration” button allows you to listen to the module, in English or Spanish.
- When you complete the module, you will be able to enter vaccine exemptions for one or more students. Once you have completed entering student exemptions, please download or print the exemption form.
- For a medical exemption from the required immunizations, the student’s legally responsible individual must provide to the school a completed Utah vaccination exemption form AND a written statement signed by a licensed healthcare provider stating that, due to the physical condition of the student/child, administration of the vaccine would endanger the child’s life or health.
Before you begin:
- You will need to login with your Utahid. If you don't have a Utahid go to https://id.utah.gov/ to create one.
- You will be asked to enter information about yourself.
- You will be asked to enter information about a student, with an option to enter more than one student.
- Be prepared to answer some “See what you know” quiz questions. These quizzes serve as further education. Your answers are not recorded.
- Be prepared to specify the type of exemption and to which immunizations it applies for each student.
- You may login and download the vaccine exemption form, add students, or update exemptions at anytime.
*Important Note – The Online Immunization Educational Module may not operate accurately when accessed using the Safari browser. If the module malfunctions (while using Safari) you will be required to re-take the module. Therefore it is recommended to avoid using the Safari browser.
For assistance call 801-538-9450.
For suggestions to improve the module Email: email@example.com
Disclaimer: previous exemptions have been archived and are not accessible at this time. Please complete the new exemption process to obtain a exemption.
- To view the education slides but not register for an exemption click below. *If you want to take the module for an exemption you just access the module above.