This toolkit provides relevant, medically sound cancer prevention information that you can use to positively influence patients and their parents to make well-informed oral health and cancer prevention decisions.
The toolkit includes:
- GSLIC HPV Letter : The Greater Salt Lake Immunization Coalition (GSLIC) designed these materials in partnership with the Salt Lake County Health Department, Intermountain Primary Children’s Hospital, the University of Utah School of Dentistry, and the Utah Department of Health. Some of these materials were inspired by items generously provided to us by Team Maureen, a cervical-cancer awareness and prevention organization in Massachusetts.
- Provider Handout: Informational sheet with HPV facts, advice to dental professionals about starting the HPV conversation with patients, and answers to common questions about HPV and the HPV vaccine.
- Reference List: Additional resources for dental professionals about HPV, HPV-related cancers, and cancer prevention through the HPV vaccine.
- Patient “Frequently Asked Question” Handouts: Education for patients and parents with basic information about HPV and the HPV vaccine, in both English and Spanish.
- “Rx” Pads: Mock prescription sheets, in both English and Spanish, that you can use after a conversation about the HPV vaccine to remind parents to contact their health care provider, local health department, or pharmacy.